Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's Been A While


Long pause is posts, and I'm not sure why. I haven't been too busy at all since classes finished on May 7th. My last final is this Tuesday, so we've had a nice break since then. Me and my friend Sarah [from Boston] went to Ibiza from the 8th-13th. I had never heard of the place until we got here, but I'm so glad we found it. It is a small Island off the east coast of Spain, and is part of the Balearic Islands. It's pretty cool to be able to say that I have now swam in the Mediterranean Sea! The water was a bit cold, but since every way we were there was in the high 70s possibly low 80s, it was a nice cool down. We spent our days relaxing by our hotel pool or on the beach, and even went parasailing and canoeing. Our nights were usually spent playing 'golf' [the card game]. We ended up playing over 25 games throughout the whole trip! The Ibizan sunsets were quite amazing, as you can see in the pictures.







Because of the ash clouds, we were very lucky to even get to Ibiza. All of the other islands airports were closed the day we left, and we even got an email once we arrived at the hotel from the airline apologizing for our flight being cancelled. All in all it was an AMAZING trip, and I'm just glad luck was on our side:)

Home in 4 Days! . . . wow. it's so crazy how fast this semester went.
Packing sucks.. I have started 'pre-packing' all of the things I won't need anymore, and It is going to be quite a pain to get both suitcases under 50lbs.. but I think I can do it. Getting to the airport with 3 suitcases is also going to be a pretty big hassle, but Sarah is coming most of the way with me so that will be a HUGE help!

I will really miss Scotland and the people I have met, but I am also very excited to get home, especially since Tyler will be graduating, so lots of family will be at the house! I'm also looking forward to watching BASEBALL, even if it is just on TV and even if its a Tigers Royals game.. It doesn't matter to me, I just need to see it:) American food is also another thing I can't wait to have back. El Agave [so I guess not american food.. but you know what I mean..] is one place I will be going to in my first few days home. I have been invited to my first game at the new Twins Stadium too[and they play the yanks!] I have so much to look forward to upon my arrival home, but am slowing down to enjoy the last few days I have here! Can't wait to see many of you soon and kick off the summer! :) Hope all is well with everyone! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment