Sunday, March 14, 2010

Edinburgh--Rugby


We returned to Edinburgh this weekend for some 6 Nations rugby action. We went to The Three Sisters, which is our favorite pub in Edinburgh, and also the pub in the picture! The picture is taken from the window out our hostel room. We thought it would be convenient to be close to the pub, but the downside was the noise! We showed up at around 3pm, which was 'too late' to even get a seat. The place was already completely packed! The first game was Ireland vs. Wales, and Ireland took the W. Then we watched Scotland take on England and... It was our first non-loss!! We tied. :) Still hanging in last place, but the night was a lot of fun, and the fans were just nuts. I have never, and probably won't ever see so many kilts again in my life! Our trip to Ireland is coming up this Thursday, and I am so so excited! Speaking of rugby...we just purchased tickets to go to the Ireland vs. Scotland game on Saturday in Dublin!! All of the St. Patty's Day action plus the rugby experience should make it an awesome trip! I am also taking classes out here.. haha.. I always seem to forget to mention them:) They are going alright.. I have a lot of work that is going to be due pretty soon, but I am good under pressure.. I think! I also added a video that I took of the band that played in between the rugby games! They we're so much fun to watch..and very Scottish! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment